INSOTUS Online Study Policies and Procedures
INSOTUS Online Study will be utilized after careful consideration and consultation with parent, student and a school councilor. Student's background, learning style, study habits, maturity and reason for taking the course in this way will all be considered before a registration is accepted.
Policy and Procedure
A teacher who is teaching a course through independent Online study at Toronto Independent High School is accountable to the school administration for:
- Supervising the student.
- Outlining a schedule of teacher/student contacts and expectations of the student.
- Developing a course outline in accordance with Toronto Independent High School's requirements.
- Developing a course of study.
- Developing lesson plans.
- Keeping attendance records.
- Assigning components of the course.
- Suggesting available resources.
- Assessing and evaluating the achievement of the of curriculum expectations in accordance with the Ministry of Education's policy.
- Ensuring that the total work involved is equivalent to that expected in the time scheduled for the course.
- Retaining records of the student's work.
- Upon completion of the course, providing to the school:
- Teaching plans including course of study.
- Samples of student work.
- Records of student achievement that reflect the assessment and evaluation requirements of the curriculum policy documents and show use of achievement levels and categories.
- Sample of assessment instruments including the final evaluation.